- Indoors: Up to 12 metres*
- Outdoors: Up to 5 metres*
Sensor connection is dependent on Bluetooth range. The Bluetooth range of your device can vary significantly depending on your device model and environment. For best results:
- Ensure your hands are not covering the Bluetooth receiver.
- Operate indoors. Transmission may be reduced in a space greater than 10 x 10 metres. A typical clinic room is ideal (3 x 4 x 3m).
- Maintain a direct line of sight between the sensors and the device (don’t have the person face you with the sensors on their back).
- When outside, try to be near walls or buildings if possible as the Bluetooth signal is stronger if it can reflect from these structures.
- Turn off your tablet or smartphone device’s wireless (WiFi) connection while performing your assessment to boost the Bluetooth connection strength.
*Maximum ranges are dependent on your iOS device. If using an iPad Mini, stay within 1 metre of the subject when outdoors. If using an iPad Air, stay within 5 metres of the subject when outdoors.